Think Han Solo if he tongue bathed himself. He's skillful, dangerous and not so trustworthy. The makings of a very imperfect best friend.
Before the events of the series, Avocato was The Lord Commander's second-in-command, doing anything he was told and killing hundreds of beings. This loyalty was destroyed when he refused to kill his own son, and from then on did The Lord Commander's bidding out of fear his son would be killed.
Avocato's appearance is that of an anthropomorphic feline. He has dark teal and white fur. His eyes have yellow scleras with small black pupils, as opposed to vertical-slit pupils. He has a pink nose, white facial markings. He wears boots, grey belt with silver buckle, greenish leggings, a tan vest, shoulder and knee pads, a brown sash of sorts, and arm bracers.
Avocato is a rather serious bounty hunter who can seem cold and stoic at times. He does have a warm side, however, which appears especially when he is around his son and occasionally between him and Gary.
Avocato can also be shown as cruel which can be seen in the series when he watches a fellow bounty hunter die by getting painfully tazed with a casual, and almost annoyed, look.
After finding an explosive on Little Cato's back, which was stuck onto him by the Lord Commander, Avocato decides to sacrifice his own life to ensure the safety of his son and the Galaxy One crew. He takes the explosive, runs away from everyone around him, and covers the bomb with his body. The bomb then explodes, making a hole in the ship and blasting Avocato's body out into space. His death, of course, had a huge impact on his son Little Cato and his best friend Gary.
Quotes and Catchphrases
- "Call me that again, and I'll kill you."
- "I'm not a cat, I'm a Ventrexian."
- "I'm back, baby."
- "You got that, baby?"
- "Take care of my boy."
- In Chapter 5, upon returning to normal size and attacking several Infinity Guardsmen, Avocato yells "I'm back, baby." This is likely a nod to Bender from Futurama, voiced by John DiMaggio who provides his voice to several miscellaneous characters in Final Space (including one of the Infinity Guards that Avocato attacks).
- On April 12, 2018, at 8pm EST, TBS broadcasted live footage of a memorial for Avocato. It featured a large flame, candles, cards, pictures, and many other memorial-related items.
- Avocato's name is a pun on the word "avocado", which is a fruit.
- Avocato is a shout-out to the Red Dwarf character The Cat